Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Dhoni's shocking retirement plan




Indian skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni stated that he may retire from Test cricket in 2013, keeping in mind ICC 2015 World Cup. "I would have to retire from one of the formats of the game, If I have decided to play the 2015 World Cup. Depending on my fitness, I would make a call by the end of 2013," said Dhoni, speaking at a function where he was appointed as the new Brand Ambassador of Hinduja Group company Gulf Oil-lubricant business.

The star cricketer also pointed out that there are chances of announcing his retirement for ODIs much before to that of Test format. "If I feel I'm not fit enough to play 2015 World Cup then, I have to make way for the youngsters. If I see I can only play till the end of 2014 in both ODIs and Tests, then I should retire from ODIs, as I will not be playing 2015 World Cup," he opined.

Dhoni shocked everyone present at the event by saying that he may retire at anytime, as future is unpredictable. "A major injury can happen and I may not be able to play cricket. Things like this can happen in life," said the most successful Indian captain ever.